Sunday, March 1, 2009

Iraq plan

President Obama said on Friday, that American combat forces will be withdrawn of Iraq by August 2010, 19 months after his inauguration and he would finish the war that has taken for nearly six years.
But up to 50 000 of 142 000 soldiers will stay there into 2011 to advance Iraqi government and safety forces.
Mr Obama said all US soldiers would have left Iraq by the end of 2011, in line with an agreement signed between the two countries last year.
"America's men and women in uniform have fought block by block, province by province, year after year, to give the Iraqis this chance to choose a better future. Now, we must ask the Iraqi people to seize it" he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment