Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cibulkova scratch in Miami because of a cramp

MIAMI – Dominika Cibulkova wasn´t lucky in the 3. round on WTA Sonny Ericsson Open in Miami tournament. The Slovak tennist scratch the match with the Spain tennist Anabel Medina Garrigues in the state 6:7, 6:1 and 5:5 in the third set because of cramp in her legs.
The scramble took 3 hours and 15 min. Slovakia lost so the last singleplayer, Daniela Hantuchova with Magdalena Rybarikova said goodbay to the tournament in the second round. Cibulkova is taking a cheque of 18.470 dollars and she will get 80 more items in the WTA scale. Cibulkova didn´t hide her big disappointment after the match with Medina Garrigues.
„I´m very sorry, that I couldn´t play this match until the end, but it really wasn´t possible. In the third game I get very strong cramps and I couldn´t even rise from the ground. It was a hard match and it was very wet outside what plays also its role. I´m very disappointed and sad, because I was the better player, although Medinas achievement was also very good.
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment